Ministry of Rural Development is established by the laws of the Kingdom of Cambodia, Promulgated by the Royal Decree No NS / RKM / 0196/12 dated 25 January 1996.
The Ministry of Rural Development has been commissioned by the Royal Government of Cambodia to lead and manage the rural development sector of the Kingdom of Cambodia with the following functions and duties :
- Define the policy and strategy of rural development in line with the government’s political program.
- To target the short, medium and long term plans for rural development to improve the socioeconomic and socioeconomic status of rural people, gradually reducing poverty and rural / urban disparities.
- Participate in nation-building and national development in the field of rural development by limiting the activities of families, villages and communes in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- The study collects and manages statistical information on socioeconomic and cultural conditions in rural areas of the Kingdom of Cambodia, including mountains, highlands, and plateaus.
- Human resource development through training of technical staff, skills and knowledge of the staff of the Ministry.